Thursday, December 9, 2010

Everything Christmas

I know you would probably expect this post around this time of year - but I have to say that almost every day for the past little while something Christmas has put me in a good mood. Whether it is reading a daily special Christmas story from a book of stories given to our family. Or waking up and seeing that our Christmas Tree lights have already been turned on by my husband who loves to have them on morning and night. Or downloading great classic Christmas songs to put on my IPod  like Mariah Carey's "O Holy Night" and "All I Want for Christmas is You" or Josh Groban's "Thankful" or Michael McLean's "The Forgotten Carols".  Or my favorite - the Hilary Weeks Christmas Album. Or getting a package in the mail from my mom with early Christmas goodies in it. Or seeing neighbors who actually make the effort to put up Christmas lights despite them getting covered by 41 inches of snow.  Icicle lights. Red and Green M&M's, The Salvation Army Bell ringers, Receiving Christmas Cards from Old and New Friends in the mail, finding a good deal on just the right present for just the right person, watching our Church Leaders give a Christmas Devotional, taking time to remember what Christmas is all about, having my daughter re-enact the "Rudolph" play she went to on a field trip, having a snow day, ornaments, twinkling lights, Stephens Hot Chocolate, scarves, going with the kids to the Dollar store to let them pick out presents for each other. Singing bedtime Christmas songs, and more....all these special things put me in a daily good mood. This time of year is a natural good mood enhancer IF you slow down and allow it to be. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment